fading .......

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Why FAITH......

This is my story , my journey as it continues to , unfold daily as I walk you intimately through the road to starting my own eco-luxury label. ..

This morning I am typing this while sitting in a king size bed in a room maybe 600 sq.ft big ....nice fixtures and a small minibar where a mere nibble on a snickers bar will cost you $6.00 ..I think you can get one for $1 up the street..but that means you'd have to get out of your coszy robe and massive king size posturepedic bed and walk 20 0r so paces up the street.....somethings do have a price.
where this might have begun....
Maybe 4 yrs. ago ( I think it might have been 5 yrs. but I like 4 better ....it's my frigg'in blog so ....I get to say) I was on the floor in front of Tommy Hilfiger and my then boss presenting sketches and ideas for a collection they'd cancel and fold on a few months later , but nonetheless I couldn't help but listen to my inner voice tell me ...."You can do this,you can be him, why are you giving all of your creative energy over to someone ...making millions for someone else label ..
Now , that is a question I would never thought cross my mind. I was a career designer happy to labor countless hours for a monstrous label that would reach millions of costumers around the country and the world even.....cool huh?
Okay but for me , I was content doing that , I made good money , benefits, travel , great friends and job security .....so I thought ...!!!!
It was that decision the I put out into the Universe that somehow led me to this point....
I am living month to month a freelance designer who happens to make more money illustrating than designing lately , with my 15 yrs old daughter in a 5 star hotel with funds I worked hours for sketching sexy ladies in sexy lingerie.....not bad . But I did mention to you it's month to month my belonging except for a smattering of random possessions in my Mom's garage are stored up in a storage unit in Queens somewhere for what I hoped would be on 2 months....it's month 3 now ...and counting .
Interviewing for positions outside the state, working on a business plan in order to apply for the several million dollars in funding needed to start up my line......
Oh yeah ...that .....the LINE......
Eco-fabulous chic edgy bridal for the modern woman seeking a new approach to bridal wear and seeking to write a whole new chapter on what it looks like to live an eco-conscious life....
I will tell you more ....but the computer makes me sleepy ....so off it goes while I take a 1/2 nap....

No comments:

Post a Comment