
In the glow of this most gorgeous early fall weekend we celebrated the 91st birthday of my grandmother . She can't remember from one moment to the next where anything is or even recognize her own pocket book sitting next to her. But she goes to the gym everyday , swims like a fish in any kind of water condition , and flies to PR every year to winter in the warmth of the Caribbean sun. Something to be said of all of my grandmother's practices. The warmth keeps her healthy and cold free, her daily exercise keeps her alert, and active and keeps the endorphins flowing which more importantly keeps her mental state positive and upbeat. We have learned to laugh at the things that are forgotten . Like the time she got ready to go to NYC a day early ...twice during the same day ...we just said ....oh well...you are ready for the real deal with all the practice you had today ...!!!! She laughed as we did..and it kept things light and not so dramatic.
I think it is the best way to deal with it ...and the key is not to laugh at her but with her. To keep it light ....
I love my Grandmother so much . She has been a pivotal presence in my life since the beginning of my life. She has been to all the most important events in my life and I pray ...she is at my first runway show. To show her that despite my set backs the past few years in launching , I have persevered and made it happen . I know for her she will feel at peace knowing that I have a roof over my head and headed in a direction that will lead to a more secure life.
I am excited to be posting a splash page that will announce the launch of my website this year. It is once again just another step closer to the goal !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment