Spent the day with two close friends , all the while managing a fiscal emergency at the Smyth and still went to see the "The September Issue " thanks to my angel who graciously treated me today. I am blessed by angels who are in my path every day. I realized today that I have learned over the years to manage little emergencies by saying these are opportunities for me to be creative and to exercise my tenacity muscle . My inner mantra " NOTHING IS WRONG" only the story you make up about it ....and so I get into action ....!!! Mind you ..it is a mantra...you have to remember to say it , in order for it to sink in .I enjoyed the September Issue a lot. I loved seeing the inside of what actually happens at the magazine. Not that much different from a design house. You always have someone to answer to and learning how to navigate , communicate and negotiate in order to have your voice heard is a invaluable tool. Some of you know very well what I'm talking about .....please share on here.
I was inspired by Grace Cottington's ability to tell beautiful stories and to harness her strong opinion and vision .....her stories couldn't be denied..!! I just wish we had more diversity....it is truly a missing.....and frankly I am even more motivated to make a difference in that area when I have my shows...and website. I don't plan on using just woman of color but rather express all the diversity we have in this country. So much beauty out there how can we be so limited at this day and age...
It was an interesting day . I forwarded my collection by spending time last night sketching , and writing down my inspiration ..
see next short post on some of what I am seeing ..
P.S. the Isabel Toledo show at F.I.T. was genius , one must see it up close to understand her mastery and inquisitive nature she brings to her clothing ...many of us do clothing and answer your wardrobe needs but she take the material , shape , form and human figure into very interesting accounts and blows my mind...loved...!
No comments:
Post a Comment